The Nursing (Primary Health Care) program from Flinders University aims to facilitate the development of specialised knowledge in working with individuals, groups, families and communities within a broad primary healthcare framework.
Graduates are suitable for careers in a wide range of nursing-related fields.
Our courses will give registered nurses the opportunity to provide skillful care to individuals, families and communities to prevent illness, promote healthy lifestyles and manage a range of emerging complex health issues. They will be able to take on leadership and specialised care roles in a variety of clinical nursing settings.
Potential occupations include:
- case coordinator
- clinical nurse specialist
- health promotion nurse
- community health nurse
- injury management officer
- mental health nurse
- nurse research assistant
- registered nurse
- rehabilitation consultant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Primary Health Care Constructs and Contexts
- Epidemiology and Population Studies for Health Care Practice
- Advanced Thinking, Communicating and Problem Solving for Health Professionals
- Leadership in Health Studies
- Health Management for Infants, Children and Young People
- Working with Infants, Children and Families
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 383 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Primary Health Care) consists of 36 units, including a 4.5-unit topic that provides an introduction to research. It is designed to provide you with the opportunity to deepen your clinical and theoretical knowledge base in primary health care at a leadership and advanced communication level within your workplace and practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.