- Prepare yourself for professional practice as an occupational therapist by taking the Occupational Therapy program from Flinders University
- This profession has well established research and evidence-based practice, which you will analyse and apply in this course.
- Teaching for the course is strongly connected to clinical settings across Adelaide and has close links with health care providers to best prepare you for professional practice as an occupational therapist.
- Emphasis is placed on preparing you to become a contemporary health professional who is able to work effectively across a range of settings in metropolitan and rural or remote locations.
Occupational therapists work in a variety of settings across public health, non-government organisations and private practice. Occupational therapists are in demand across the health sector and this outlook is projected to continue.
Potential employers include:
- state government departments such as health, disability and education
- aged care providers
- rehabilitation services
- mental health services
- home-care services
- private practice
- paediatric services
- GP Plus health care services.
The Master of Occupational Therapy course has fulfilled the requirements for entry level education of occupational therapists and has been awarded the status of Accredited Occupational Therapy Course by Occupational Therapy Australia and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Occupational Therapy Practice
- Occupational Science
- Occupational Therapy Practice
- Information and Technology in Occupational Therapy
- Clinical Practicum
- Interprofessional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Occupational Health and Safety View 20 other Masters in Occupational Health and Safety in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 090620D
Applicants must normally hold an approved degree with a GPA of no less than 5.0 or an equivalent qualification, and have either completed the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Principles of Occupational Therapy) at Flinders University, or demonstrated that they have completed the following prerequisite topics:
- the equivalent of 9 units of study focused on an understanding of body structures and function, such as human biology, physiology and anatomy, including detailed musculoskeletal anatomy with
- an emphasis on the upper limb
- the equivalent of 4.5 units of study focused on an understanding of the human and social environment and social perspectives in health, such as psychology and
- the equivalent of 4.5 units of study of research methods
- the equivalent of 4.5 units of study in communication skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National31707 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31707 AUD per year during 24 months.
- National: $8,021 (Commonwealth supported)
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.