The classroom is formational in addition to being academic. Professors relate their own experiences of priestly ministry (whether as priests performing the ministry or laity receiving priestly ministry) to lessons of the subject.
- The core curriculum of the Divinity program from University of Saint Mary of the Lake offers a comprehensive presentation of the doctrine of faith. Field education offers experiences, which give context to the classroom lessons.
- Two internships allow the seminarian to work full-time in parish and hospital settings. Mundelein’s aim is to produce generalists with depth, who are well prepared for the duties and tasks of diocesan priesthood.
- Pentateuch and Histories
- Johannine Literature
- Pauline Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 607 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The regular expectation is the completion of an MDiv degree or its theological equivalent, however, students with an accredited masters in an area connected to their ministry setting or vocational calling, may also be considered based on meeting the following criteria:
- the ability to thoughtfully interpret scripture and the theological tradition of one’s ministry context,
- the capacity to understand and adapt one’s ministry to the cultural context,
- a basic self-understanding of one’s ministerial identity and vocational calling,
- a readiness to engage in ongoing personal and spiritual formation for one’s ministry,
- significant ministerial experience that enables the applicant to engage as a ministry peer with other students in this advanced professional doctorate.
Living costs for Mundelein
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.