The language of instruction is English. Classes are taught online two evenings per week. There are two onsite-weekends per semester which take place in Cologne.
The Master’s program (M.Sc.) follows an interdisciplinary approach: Apart from imparting fundamental knowledge about web architecture and concepts, the program’s focus is placed on a myriad of aspects, such as strategy and marketing, design as well as legal and security issues. In addition, students acquire knowledge in the fields of project management, leadership, consultation, analysis, coordination of web application systems, conception of internet system architecture and quality assurance.
The Master’s program in Web Science, offered by TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) is taught entirely in English and is designed for international professionals who already hold a degree in a related field. Potential candidates should have at least 12 months professional experience in a web-related field and should aspire to fill executive positions on a corporate level. These candidates may hail from such diverse fields as computer science, design, business administration, law, social sciences or the humanities.
Web experts are in high demand and are presented with diverse career opportunities
- There are currently around 40,000 job vacancies for IT-experts. “The shortage of skilled labor is a structural problem” says Professor Dieter Kempf, president of BITKOM, the German Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and Media. He went on to explain that the shortage existed permanently and irrespective of the economic development.
- Just like the year before, every other company in the industry (50 percent) has stated that there is a shortage of IT-experts. A similar number of companies (48 percent) expect this shortage to exacerbate in the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master’s programme Web Science leads to a graduation as a Master of Science and the qualification to make sound decisions in and for the web.
- Therefore, management and decision-making positions are potential career scenarios. Graduates of this programme will work in a range of companies, scientific or public institutions and manage projects that are concerned with the web.
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesWeb Technologies & Cloud Computing View 12 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree or higher) in one of the following fields: Computer science; Economics; Social sciences; Law; Design; Psychology; Pedagogy/education
- For all other degrees, the examination board is to assess the suitablility of the individual programs.
International2800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1400 EUR per semester and a duration of 30 months.
National2800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1400 EUR per semester and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.