The master Renewable Energy at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) lasts 3 semesters. A start of studies is possible both in the winter and in the summer semester.
During the first two semesters, German and partially English-language modules will be used to deepen the engineering and technical knowledge of renewable energy technologies.
The master project runs over two semesters. Here, the students develop a scientific English-language publication on their research project. The study is completed in the third semester through the master thesis and colloquium.
Learning in projects and teams
- Special emphasis is placed on learning in projects and teams, which awakens curiosity and interest in the students and stimulates sustainable learning processes.
- In order to be able to take a look beyond one's own nose, there is also an exchange or cooperation of students from different faculties within the framework of interdisciplinary projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- By elective modules, a specific specialization can be made. Specialist subjects include energy efficiency, energy storage, biomass and photovoltaics.
- By means of seminar classes, exercises, lectures and project work in the context of the individual modules, a practical environment is created. In doing so, the students develop their knowledge of teamwork, project planning and presentation. Each semester, there is a project week in which the students deal exclusively with their projects.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSustainable Energy View 18 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission requirement is a recognized first university degree in a renewable energy or comparable degree program of at least 210 credits under the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and a grade of 2.5 or better, which provides the required technical background for the program Master's degree program is proven. The decision on the relevance is made by the Selection Board.
- If the above prerequisites are not fully met, admission may only be made subject to the condition that you complete your previous knowledge by successfully attending certain courses from Bachelor's programs.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.