Master's students learn to develop, analyze and evaluate complex technical building systems and are capable of responsibly making important decisions.
Green Building Engineering at Engineering refers to sustainably planned and constructed or appropriately renovated buildings. The supplement Engineering refers in particular to the sustainable resource-saving function, the supply and the operation of the buildings with a pronounced life-cycle assessment.
This task demands a high degree of integral planning and in practice is today transferred to a large extent to the engineers of the technical building equipment. In cooperation with architects, building physicists and civil engineers, they must then create the necessary conditions for the described sustainability, so that the technical facilities can fully assume their sustainable function. Integral planning and the peculiarities of building in existing buildings are therefore important contents of the study, to which civil engineers and architects should also have access under certain conditions.
What fields of application arise after graduation?
The occupational fields in which the graduates can find employment are manifold. U. a. these are:
- Engineering companies (eg Management, Building Simulation)
- Management of medium-sized exporting companies
- Construction management higher service
- municipal and industrial utilities (GF, Prokura)
- Energy supplier (GF, Prokura)
- Energy Contracting (GF, Prokura)
- leading positions in laboratories for TGA component development
- Software development in building technology
- Disposal and environmentally oriented companies (GF, Prokura)
- Certified Green Building (DGNB, Bream, Lead)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- After completing the Master's degree, students will be able to work both as a researcher and as a manager in companies and industry associations.
- Graduates work as systems consultants, as project managers in large-scale projects, as team and department managers in the conception and integral planning of special structures and production sites, as reviewers or as experts in certification, life-cycle assessment or operational management complex supply systems.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 14 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission requirement is a recognized first university degree in a degree program in energy and building engineering or in a comparable degree program (possibly also architecture and civil engineering) and a total grade of 2.5 or better, which is the required technical education for the master's degree program is demonstrated. The decision on the relevance is made by the Selection Board.
- If the above prerequisites are not fully met, admission may only be made subject to the condition that you complete your previous knowledge by successfully attending certain courses from Bachelor's programs.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.