The curriculum, with its clearly formulated entry requirements, is designed so that undergraduate or equivalent undergraduate and graduate students from relevant courses in the chemical, biological or medical-pharmaceutical fields can study the course equally consecutively. He has both an industrial and an academic graduate perspective and addresses the primary practical, creative and problem-solving orientation of the TH Cologne as well as the primary research orientation of the University of Cologne.
The course of studies distinguishes itself from the thematically related courses of studies by holistic-synoptic consideration of the discovery and development process of drugs, which focus more on specific sub- or framework aspects (eg medical-chemical, pharmacological, regulatory, toxicological) of the value-added chain are aligned.
After successful completion of the Drug Discovery and Development programme at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences), the path is open for direct entry into pharmaceutical research and development or promotion. In addition to the academic field, potential fields of activity or employers would be primarily the research-based pharmaceutical industry, but also small and medium-sized companies in the health sector (biotech companies, contract research institutes) as well as relevant national (eg BfArM) or international (eg EMA) authorities ,
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All disciplines involved here (analytics, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, galenics, management, molecular and clinical pharmacology) are integrated into the curriculum and interlinked. After only a few years of training, students should be able to distinguish themselves either directly or after completing a doctorate for an activity in this area.
- Drug discovery is therefore essential to maintaining health and well-being, going far beyond the narrow focus on pharmaceutical applications. The changing, growing and aging society as well as difficult and changing environmental conditions require an adaptation or new development of active ingredients.
- In addition, the requirements for these with regard to effectiveness, safety and ecological sustainability are steadily increasing. A large part of the topics require the solution of fundamental scientific and especially medical or pharmaceutical problems.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesInternational Development Pharmacy View 12 other Masters in International Development in Germany
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter of motivation
- Relevant professional experience (certificate of employment)
- Specific previous majors eg. B. Internships
- Other practical work
- Special study achievements / profiles
- Relevant publications
- Subject orientation of theses
- Special international experience eg. B. Relevant internships abroad lasting at least one month
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.