During the four semester-program students design and execute various animation projects for film, digital games or immersive technologies.
The 3D Animation for Film & Games (Master's program) at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) allows students to pursue their career in the media industry, while at the same time expanding their expertise in 3D animation in such areas as design, technology and dramaturgy within an academic context.
During the four semesters of the program students design and execute various animation projects for film, digital games or immersive technologies and acquire the theoretical foundations to critically reflect on their artistic creations.
program accreditation until Sep 30, 2024
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Work on personal or group project
- 3D animation for film, digital games and immersive technologies
- Media & Game Studies
- Animation history
- Animation proficiency in various media
- Project-oriented learning
- Compact attendance time
- International environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia View 8 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants must hold an undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree, Diplom, Magister, Master's degree or an equivalent degree) in the field of Film, Design or Architecture.
- Officially certified copy of your secondary-school diploma and – if applicable – your university entrance exam from your home country
- If you have graduated from a Studienkolleg: officially certified copy of you university entrance examination (Feststellungsprüfungszeugnis)
Application for the program / artistic-scientific aptitude test, which consists of the following elements:
- the submission of all necessary application documents (degree documents and application tasks);
- an interview on site or, in the case of a very long journey from abroad or for other understandable reasons, alternatively in the form of a video interview.
- proof of English language proficiency
– 12 months of work experience in the creative industries
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- plus one-time fee of 200 Euro upon enrollment
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.