The Deaf and Hard of Hearing plus Dual Certification program leading to dual NYS initial certification as Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing as well as Early Childhood Teacher, Elementary Education, Teacher, Secondary Teacher in a particular subject area (English, Math, Science or Social Studies) or Reading Specialist. This Deaf and Hard of Hearing plus Dual Certification program begins during the summer and can be completed in two years.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
- Computer Applications in Special Education
- Psychosocial and cultural aspects of deafness
- Language/literacy for the Deaf/hh I (Reading/Writing)
- American sign language II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 775 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International53040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 24 months.
National53040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.