They provide an intensive study of the educational issues of individuals who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing from the perspectives of psychology, anthropology, linguistics, child development, pedagogy, and regular education with the aim of preparing teachers who will address the educational and literacy needs of these children.
We serve and prepare individuals for work with children who possess a wide range of hearing losses in classes using diverse communication systems, as well as for work with children who have typical hearing.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
- Computer Applications in Special Education
- Psychosocial and cultural aspects of deafness
- Language/literacy for the Deaf/hh I (Reading/Writing)
- American sign language II
- Observation and Student Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Special Education View 4052 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International56576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
National56576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.