TUM and Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich offer an extensive list of modules and research areas to choose from, including protein prediction, sequence analysis, databases, software engineering, structural biology, and biochemistry.
Teaching and learning methods include elective modules, practical work, and a research project. Graduates of the Master's in Bioinformatics program at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich will be very well qualified for careers in both industry and research, including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The joint degree program Bioinformatics of LMU and TUM is characterized by the high number of participating professors of bioinformatics.
- This makes it possible to offer a large number of specific bioinformatics courses from the beginning to the end of the course.
- Particularly intensive courses, such as exercises, seminars and internships, are usually held in parallel in several small groups.
- In order to ensure practical training, the participating chairs and institutions offer numerous study-accompanying projects for student assistants.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 20 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- University admission qualification (generally Abitur certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate; where applicable: school leaving certificate in combination with a university entrance examination certificate or a certificate from a one-year higher education course or university certificate).
- Updated CV.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.