The Elite Master of Science in Human Biology - Principles of Health and Disease at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich is an interdisciplinary, research- and competency-oriented program that provides a deep understanding of how health and disease work.
Based on the social challenges in biomedical science today, such as widespread diseases, the increasing importance of precision medicine, the ageing population and the processing of big data, there is a growing demand for highly-skilled, qualified young scientists. The program will fulfil this demand by educating distinguished students at the intersection of biology and medicine in a first-rate area of biomedical science. Up to 30 highly motivated and engaged students will be educated and supported to become outstanding researchers by exceptional, experienced and internationally acclaimed professors.
- The program focuses on five main topics: “Cell Biology, Stem Cells and Epigenetics”, “Molecular Microbiology and Infection Biology”, “Molecular Oncology”, “Neurosciences” and “Cardiovascular and Lung Research”.
- Our aim is to offer our students comprehensive preparation for meeting future challenges in a science-related professional careers within the field of biomedicine.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 42 other Masters in Health Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree with at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent in biology, human biology or a related subject (e.g. Biomedical Science, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medicine, Physics, Biophysics).
- Your bachelor's curriculum should include a final research project (bachelor thesis) with a written thesis credited with at least 10 ECTS-credits.
- A transcript of records from your bachelor's degree, indicating your grade point average. If you are currently a bachelor student, you should submit a transcript of records with an ECTS credits level of at least 120 ECTS credits and a preliminary grade point average.
- Proficiency in English.
- Transcript of records from the bachelor’s program, which includes all completed courses and obtained grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
In practice, Ludwig-Maximilians-University charges a solidary fee of approx. Euro 150 per semester.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.