With our faculty’s expertise and commitment, you can explore contemporary security including current threats, strategic planning, budget & finance, policy formulation, leadership and ethical issues and practices. Only then will you be able to foresee risks and resolve threats before they grow into crises.
Bringing The Real World Into The Classroom
Tiffin University’s Master of Science (MS) degree in Criminal Justice, with a concentration in homeland security administration, is an outstanding example of how the real world meets the classroom experience. Our faculty members have all been working professionals in the field, and our students are also working professionals, which provides for an exciting dialogue and a dynamic education filled with connections. This is as real as it gets!
What Is TU’s MS?
The Master of Science (MS) in Criminal Justice is a professional practical degree program that attracts skilled managers, agents and clinicians from many components of the criminal justice and juvenile justice systems. Combined with the faculty who direct and facilitate the educational experiences in the MS program, the school's talented and multifaceted students complete the mixture and create an intellectual synergy that’s found in very few graduate programs.
Our faculty bring years of executive, operations-level, clinical, academic and research experience in criminal justice to the graduate learning process in a way that sparks debate, fosters insight and elicits innovation. Joint student-faculty collaboration on learning projects is a common occurrence.
The Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Administration program of Tiffin University will be beneficial to students who wish to advance their career in the homeland security field. Specifically, students seeking to advance and be promoted into leadership and administrative roles within the homeland security field in the future. Finally, graduates of this program may be qualified to teach criminal justice courses in community colleges or may be eligible to advance to a Ph.D. program.
As a student in the program, you will develop a broad foundation of knowledge as it relates to homeland security administration in the 21st century, including current threats, strategic planning, budget & finance, policy formulation, leadership, and ethical issues and practices. This applied foundation of knowledge, coupled with your refined
leadership and communication skills, will assist you in assuming leadership roles in the homeland security field.
Throughout the program, you will:
- Examine legal and ethical issues in order to practice legal and ethical integrity in your professional work
- Gain exposed to and have an understanding of homeland security issues from a global perspective
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, pragmatically and strategically in the completion of a capstone project that will apply your learning to specific homeland security administration issues and challenges in your workplace and professional settings
The program will culminate in a Leadership & Application Capstone Project. The goal of this course is to ensure that you are able to synthesize the knowledge, skills and understanding you have gained through course work, and are able to apply your skills and acquired knowledge in carrying out a project that demonstrates application to the homeland security field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Criminal Justice: Issues and Trends
- Research Design and Analysis
- Statistical Applications in Criminal Justices
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Homeland Security
- Strategic Planning, Cooperation & Coordination
- The Intelligence Community
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Online - Offered in two terms per semester starting in January, March, May, July, August and October
DisciplinesCriminal Law Terrorism & Security View 90 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- A bachelor's degree or a three-year undergraduate professional degree from an accredited higher education institution
- Undergraduate academic achievement of 3.0 GPA
- A clear goal for pursuing graduate studies (stated in a personal statement)
- Satisfactory TOEFL score (550 PBT/79-80 iBT) or IELTS score 6 or iTEP score of 3.9
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD per year during 20 months.
National21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD per year during 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.