The program provides training and hands-on experience in evaluation methods and both quantitative and qualitative methods.
The curriculum of the Sociology and Education program emphasizes issues in urban education, including the social organization of urban schools and school systems, and the success or failure of urban schools in meeting the educational needs of the diverse populations they serve. The program faculty are actively engaged in the analysis and evaluation of educational policies and programs designed to serve educationally disadvantaged populations.
The Sociology and Education program in Sociology and Education also offers a specialization in Educational Policy for students in the Ed.M. programs. Two versions of the Ed.M. in Sociology and Education are available. The first is the Ed.M. in Sociology and Education without a concentration in Educational Policy. The second is the Ed.M. in Sociology and Education with a concentration in Educational Policy
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
- Sociology of Education
- Logic & Design of Research in Educational Policy & Social Analysis
- Introductory Colloquium in Sociology and Education
- Advanced Colloquium in Sociology and Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Sociology View 553 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International53040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 24 months.
National53040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.