Come to our program to find your sociological imagination and apply that deep understanding of the connection between day-to-day experiences and the wider social context of schools to meaningful change in the field of education.
- Our Sociology and Education program at Teachers College at Columbia University prepares change agents to challenge the inequality within our schools through a deep understanding of its social, political and economic causes.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sociology of Urban Education
- Race, Ethnicity and US Educational Policy
- Gender, Difference and Curriculum
- Race, Gender, and Education
- Latinos in Urban Schools
- Sociology of Schools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology View 3392 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
International57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
National57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.