Whether you are interested in a career in K-12, higher education, or a corporate training setting, this program will equip you with skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience needed to enter your field of choice and make a difference.
Throughout the program’s coursework, you will explore crucial concepts in Universal Design for Learning, Accessibility, Critical Design, Design Justice, as well as other emerging pedagogies and ethical decision-making frameworks. These will prepare you to design, develop and support educational materials and user experiences for maximum benefit by all learners, regardless of economic, social, or cultural situation.
You will also benefit from the completion of hands-on projects throughout the program, working side-by-side with Instructional Designers from TU’s Center for Online and Extended Learning. Equipped with these real-world experiences, you will find yourself at a competitive advantage in the job market over competitors from more traditional programs.
Who Is This Masters in Instructional Design Program For?
Tiffin University’s Master of Education (MEd) in Instructional Design for the New Educational Landscape is for people who love technology, love education and want to merge their passions to make the learning experience richer and more rewarding for all students and teachers.
Due to the direction of digital education from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, there is an increasing need for instructional designers to structure curriculum.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Apply current and emerging instructional design theories and practices to create effective instruction
- Employ universal and critical design principles to develop and integrate accessible educational materials to benefit all students
- Communicate and collaborate intentionally and effectively with stakeholders
- Engage in ongoing evaluation of educational processes and materials for continuous improvement in quality and accessibility
- Identify legal issues and create recommendations to resolve the issues
- Assess student profiles and make appropriate determinations to create optimal learning environments
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
Online - Offered in two terms per semester starting in January, March, May, July, August and October
DisciplinesEducation Design View 73 other Masters in Design in United States
- A bachelor’s degree or a three-year undergraduate professional degree from an accredited higher education institution, or currently attending an accredited MBA program.
- Undergraduate academic achievement of 3.0 GPA
- Satisfactory TOEFL score (550 PBT/79-80 iBT) or IELTS score 6 or iTEP score of 3.9 or Duolingo 100-105
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.