About the Program
The Theatre Studies program of the University of Houston is ideal for students interested in going on to pursue the Ph.D. or working as a professional dramaturg. A select number of students are admitted to the M.A. program each year, ensuring a high degree of individual contact with faculty.
- Performance Studies Seminar
- Dramaturgy for the 21st Century
- Dramatic Theory & Criticism
- Selected Periods in Theatre History
- Memory in Performance
- Landscape of Theatre Scholarship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 318 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- International applicants have additional documentation and English language proficiency requirements.
- In addition to meeting the college graduate admission requirements, students must have an undergraduate degree or have completed at least 24 semester hours in theatre at the undergraduate or postbaccalaureate level with a grade point average of at least 3.00 (A=4.00).
- Conditional admission may be granted to domestic applicants whose overall grade point average in the last 60 hours of course credit is at least 2.67 (A=4.00), whose grade point average in the discipline is at least 3.00, and whose score on the Graduate Record Examination is high enough to indicate probable success in the program.
International9936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4968 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4968 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1920 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.