Students in the Higher and Postsecondary Education Program at Teachers College at Columbia University typically use these offerings to elaborate and deepen their experience-based knowledge and intellectual interests in policymaking, curriculum development, student development, etc. Ed.M. students conclude their programs of study by writing an Integrative Paper focused on a particular topic of professional and personal interest and drawing on the knowledge resources availed by the three curricular domains.
- The Ed.M. requires a minimum of 60 points and an integrative paper prepared as a culminating project.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Purposes and policies of higher education
- Curriculum and instruction in higher education
- College and university organization and administration
- Financial administration of higher education institutions
- College teaching and learning
- Theories of diversity in higher education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHigher Education View 212 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation, two (2) of which must be academic
- Academic Writing Sample
International57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
National57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.