About the Program
Our students dive into theory, case studies and research to help them better communicate on behalf of their organizations and strengthen relationships with its stakeholders. The curriculum of the Public Relations program of the University of Houston gives special emphasis to management issues relevant to products, services, image, and public policy.
In particular, our public relations students study the following:
- How to conduct better research that draws deeper real world insights
- Issues concerning digital culture and the rise of social media
- The ubiquity of social media and its impact on communities
- How staffing, budgeting and campaign management differ on the corporate, association, union and non profit public relations levels.
- Public Relations Theory
- Public Relations Management
- Seminar in Crisis Communication
- Understanding Publics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Public Relations Digital Communication View 138 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
- Undergraduate degree in the area of specialization or have completed at least 18 college-level hours in the field
- Students who do not meet this requirement may be required to take remedial course work, which will be specified at the time of admission.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field from an accredited institution,
- Have a minimum 3.0/4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in the last 60 undergraduate hours attempted, and
- Have competitive scores on the GRE which are historically 153 or higher for the verbal portion and 153 or higher for math/quantitative portion in the current scoring system. (Scores are typically in the range of 500 on both the verbal and math-quantitative portions of the exam for the older scoring system.)
International9936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4968 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4968 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1920 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.