The Physiological Optics program at University of Houston is appropriately flexible to permit students to develop expertise in areas of special interest.
Students will join the labs of faculty mentors who are studying normal and abnormal visual processes, diseases and disorders of the eye and visual pathways and the development of treatments to prevent loss of vision using a variety of approaches ranging from molecular and cellular, to behavioral and optical. Thirty-one faculty members with diverse academic backgrounds and scientific interests participate in the program, which currently has 40 graduate students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Vision Science Core-Part
- Visual Neuroscience
- Experimental Quantification in Visual Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 476 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A grade point average of B (3.00) or above in all previous college-level or higher work with particular attention being given to science courses
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test (details are below in Required Materials)
- Satisfactory evaluation and recommendation by three teachers or others familiar with the applicant’s scholarship and research potential
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English (details are below in Required Materials)
International918 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 918 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National918 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 918 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State409 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 409 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.