CIE is based on an academic discipline in the social sciences, while IED is based on a professional specialization of education. Students in both tracks specify a concentration (see Fields of Study).
- Students in the International and Comparative Education degree at Teachers College at Columbia University may also choose to focus on a geographical area of interest -- e.g. Africa, the Caribbean, Central Asia, East Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and the U.S. (for a transcultural/immigration focus.
- The program is designed to be as flexible as possible so that previous educational and professional experience and the future career goals of the student can be taken into account in the choice of appropriate course work.
- Students are expected to assume major responsibility for formulating, in cooperation with their faculty advisor, a plan of study that will best meet the general program requirements in a way that is most compatible with their own professional goals.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 428 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Must hold Master's degree
International57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
National57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.