CIE is based on an academic discipline in the social sciences, while IED is based on a professional specialization of education. Students in both tracks specify a concentration (see Fields of Study).
- Students in the International and Comparative Education program from Teachers College at Columbia University may also choose to focus on a geographical area of interest -- e.g. Africa, the Caribbean, Central Asia, East Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and the U.S. (for a transcultural/immigration focus.
- Full-time students can complete the M.A. degree within one academic year (fall semester, spring semester, and summer session).
- In order to graduate, students need to review their coursework on Degree Audit (accessed through myTC portal) and have it approved by their faculty advisor.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 3392 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
International61216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 12 months.
National61216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.