You'll study key topics across the spectrum of international relations and examine theories and historical inquiry. This will equip you with the tools to challenge conventional explanations and develop arguments of your own. You'll develop advanced analytic skills and critical assessment abilities, and learn to write engaging reports, policy briefs and essays.
When you graduate, you'll be in a strong position to generate creative solutions that benefit the global economy and international society.
With a rounded skill set, and knowledge of international issues, you'll be an informed global citizen, with a sense of responsibility and commitment to ethical practice and issues of global social justice.
What can I do with a Master's degree in international relations?
- national, European and international state institutions
- political parties
- political lobbyists
- think tanks
- security and risk analysis
- foreign affairs analysis
- political communication and journalism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring International Relations
- Dissertation in International Relations
- NGOs and Social Movements
- European International Relations: Facing New Challenges
- Contemporary Security in International Relations: Providers and Challenges (campus based only)
- Facing up to the Challenges of Transitional Justice (distance learning only)
- Resistance and Rebellion
- Defence and Deterrence
- Terrorism and Political Violence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies View 420 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A good honours degree in a Social Science, Humanities or related subject. Equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will also be considered.English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students £3,650/year
- International students £7,150/year
- Full-time: £7,300
- Part-time: £3,650 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.