Many of our projects and offices work to directly impact our city, students, and educators. Teachers College strives to establish an institution that actively attracts, supports, and retains diverse students, faculty, and staff, demonstrated through its commitment to social justice, its respectful and vibrant community, and its encouragement and support of each individual in the achievement of his or her full potential.Bilingual or Bicultural Childhood Education (Stream A) :
- Leading to Initial Certification in Childhood Education (1-6) and the Bilingual Extension Certification
- Optional Middle Childhood Education Extension Certification (5-9)
- We do not recommend getting an Internship Certificate after completion of 50% of the program. However, if these are your plans, please see your advisor during the first Fall semester.
- In the first Spring semester, students will communicate with the Student Teaching Coordinator regarding initial teaching placement for the coming Fall.
- If you already have your own classroom, take Student Teaching for 3 credits. If you need a classroom placement, you must take Student Teaching for 4 credits.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Bilingual/Bicultural Education
- Bilingual/Bicultural Curriculum Design: Social Studies
- TESOL Methodologies for K-6
- Language Workshops in Bilingual Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Early Childhood Education View 439 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.