Continue your professional development or lay the groundwork for future doctoral studies with this 60-point Ed.M.
- The Applied Linguistics and TESOL Program at Teachers College at Columbia University offers a Master of Education degree with three areas of Specialization in Applied Linguistics and TESOL: language use, second language acquisition, and second language assessment.
- The EdM is an articulated Master’s degree, 30 points beyond the M.A. level.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Educational linguistics
- Pedagogical English grammar
- Sociolinguistics and education
- Discourse analysis
- Conversation analysis
- Text and textuality
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Linguistics View 755 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Writing Sample
- Video Essay (included in online application)
- See program website for TOEFL/IELTS policies and score minimums for non-native English speakers
International38260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 36 months.
National38260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.