The Materials, Manufacturing and Modeling Programme at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay is inter-departmental in nature and is the first of its kind in the institute. The departments of Metallurgical Engineering and Material Science (MEMS), Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Mathematics would be primarily responsible for administering it but participation from other departments is not excluded.
The program is coordinated by an Institute Program Committee(IPC) comprising of the Heads and representatives of the three departments. The Convenor of the IPC will be the Head of one of these departments and will change once every three years by rotation
- Advanced Physical and Mechanical Metallurgy
- Characterization of Materials
- Laboratory curse
- Processing and Characterization of Steel
- Advanced Concepts in Iron Making
- Advanced Concepts in Steel Making
- Thermomechanical Processing and Forming of steel
- Fracture Mechanics and Failure Analysis
- Welding Science and Technology
- Powders and Sintered Products
- Surface Engineering
- Diffusion and Kinetics
- X-Ray Diffraction and Electron Microscopy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 118 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades. (Certified English translation is required, if the document is in other language).
- Statement of purpose.
- Bio-Data / Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Personal particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (Click Here )
- Copy of the passport (page showing your nationality and personal details).
- Three recommendation letters – at least one recommendation should be about the student’s academic performance issued by a faculty member.
- Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in English language.
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.