In addition to the required 12 points in Philosophy and Education courses, students may use their electives to develop an area of educational interest (e.g., educational policy, curriculum and teaching, developmental psychology, etc.) and to develop an area of philosophical interest (e.g., ethics, social philosophy, philosophical anthropology, etc.).
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
- Philosophies of Education
- The Call to Teach
- Education and the Aesthetic Experience
- School and Society
- Philosophies of Education in the Americas: North America
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Philosophy & Ethics View 249 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International56576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
National56576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.