Graduate study in nursing requires the acquisition and systematic application of knowledge and skills in nursing practice, evidence based practice, and nursing role. Advanced critical thinking skills in nursing are enhanced through the study of theory and research.
The Master of Science in Nurse Practitioner at University of Houston offers full-time and part-time tracks in nursing education, nursing administration, and family nurse practitioner to BSN prepared Registered Nurses.
At the end of the graduate education program, the graduate will:
- Assume advanced leadership roles in a variety of health care settings.
- Exemplify ethical, legal, and professional standards for advanced nursing practice.
- Integrate advanced knowledge of nursing and related disciplines in the roles of educator, administrator, or clinician.
- Participate in research and other scholarly activities to expand nursing knowledge.
- Work effectively in interdisciplinary relationships or partnerships to promote, maintain and restore the health of clients; improve health care delivery systems; shape health policy; or influence professional education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Adv Rsrch Intgrtd Evdnce Prctc
- Diagnostic Tests & Procedures
- Management of Health Disorders Across the Lifespan in Diverse Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 740 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement
- One page personal statement
- A resume is required.
- An interview.
- Official score(s) of the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores may not be more than 5 years old.
- Two letters of recommendation
International1111 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1111 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1111 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1111 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State602 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 602 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.