Graduates of the program will have a broader understanding of the nursing profession and will bring that understanding to the practice of nursing in their places of employment. Graduates will be prepared to assume some leadership and management roles.
The Master of Science in Nursing program is designed to build upon the BSN degree. Students in this program are prepared to function at advanced levels with an expanded knowledge of theory, research and clinical application. Graduates are prepared to provide evidenced based health care and to work on collaborative teams. Each graduate will be able to function in an advanced practice role as a nurse administrator or for the role of a nurse educator.
The Family Nurse Practitioner program of the University of Houston is designed to prepare nurses to practice as family nurse practitioners, as educators in nursing programs, to translate research into practice, or to assume leadership roles in advance nursing practice.
- Assume advanced leadership roles in a variety of health care settings.
- Exemplify ethical, legal, and professional standards for advanced nursing practice.
- Integrate advanced knowledge of nursing and related disciplines in the roles of educator, administrator, or clinician.
- Participate in research and other scholarly activities to expand nursing knowledge.
- Work effectively in interdisciplinary relationships or partnerships to promote, maintain and restore the health of clients; improve health care delivery systems; shape health policy; or influence professional education.
- Advanced Research in Integrated Evidence Practice
- Policy, Role & Economics
- Healthcare Informatics
- Population Health
- Diagnostic Tests & Procedures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 757 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Complete the NursingCAS online application
- Request all official transcripts be sent directly to NursingCAS
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in your cumulative (all) course work
- Applicants to the MSN Tracks must have graduated from an accredited BSN program. Applicants who have completed an international BSN program that is not affiliated to a university may not have satisfied the requirement for admission to the University of Houston College of Nursing graduate Tracks due to the non-academic nature of this type of coursework
- Applicants must provide evidence of an unencumbered, current Texas Registered Nurse license
- Official score(s) of the MAT or GRE is not required for applicants with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. A GRE or MAT score will be required for applicants with a GPA between 2.75 - 2.9 for conditional admission
- A one page personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- An Interview is part of the admission process
- A current resume
International13294 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6647 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13294 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6647 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3714 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.