The Athletic Training program of the University of Houston will facilitate personal and professional growth through didactic, clinical, and professional contributions and collaboration to prepare graduates to be competent and compassionate professionals. Graduates of the MAT Program will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to pass the Board of Certification (BOC) exam for Athletic Training, and practice within an interprofessional healthcare team as an Athletic Trainer.
Master of Athletic Training Program Goals:
The goals of the Master of Athletic Training Program include the following:
- Prepare students to be competent clinicians using knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) that successfully pass the BOC Exam for AT and enter the workforce as successful contributors to the field of AT and healthcare.
- Provide quality opportunities for learning, inquiry, discovery, and advocacy, along with personal and professional growth through didactic, clinical, and professional contributions and collaboration.
- Prepare students to be compassionate AT’s who advocate for their patients and the profession and are able to practice within an interprofessional healthcare team.
- Research in Athletic Training
- Therapeutic Intervention
- Lower Extremity Evaluation
- Clinical Experience
- Athletic Training Administration
- Pharmacology in Athletic Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 2114 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Completed University of Houston Graduate School application
- Submit official transcript from all prior institutions
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is required with special emphasis on the grades in required courses
- International students only – Submit English language proficiency scores to UH graduate school
- Current resume
- Statement of professional goals and interests
- Two academic/professional letter s of recommendation
- 50 observation hours documented on the UH MAT Observation Hour Form
International9936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4968 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4968 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1920 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.