On this MA Interior Architecture and Design degree course, you'll work with historic and contemporary sites to create interior environments, working from the scale of the city to the scale of the room. The course has a particular focus on the sensory engagement with space.
You'll plan and produce a personal research project, and we'll provide the expertise and support so you can develop your practice – so once you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need for a career in interior architecture and interior design, as well as associated creative industries
On this Interior Architecture and Design course, you'll:
- Have the option to develop a work based learning project to give you experience of the industry whilst you are learning
- Work on live projects, with real clients
- Unpack interior design, sustainable architecture and architectural conservation practice, as well as the relationships between disciplines
- Use facilities including dynamic studios with advanced architectural computing facilities
- Have plenty of opportunities to improve your professional portfolio
- Improve your practical skills in our professional design workshops, featuring facilities for working with resin, plastics and metals, screen printing, moulding and casting
- Be supported by experienced, professional tutors throughout the course of your studies
Careers and opportunities
The demand for skilled professionals and innovative sustainable designs is increasing. When you graduate, you'll be ready to work within your specialist discipline in design practices, architectural firms and cross-disciplinary environments.
Career opportunities include:
- Interior design practice
- Architectural practice
- Multidisciplinary design practice
- Exhibition design
- Retail design
- Design your own job
- Teaching in HE
You'll also have the creative skills and professional knowledge to pursue a career in fields such as marketing, advertising, journalism, virtual design and modelling, or in people-centred careers such as project management. You could also explore freelance opportunities or continue your studies to PhD level.
If you're a full-time student, you'll take the following core modules (and your choice of options) during your 1-year course:
- Research Methods and Research Proposal
- Integration (option)
- Work-Based Learning (option)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Make your application as soon as possible.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 428 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- An online portfolio submission may be required as part of the selection process.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
International13900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.