On successful completion of the Environmental, Health and Safety Management programme, participants will:
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the major concepts and theories associated with environmental, health and safety management.
- Employ appropriate advanced data analysing, synthesising and summarising skills in a scientific research environment.
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the concepts and processes of risk management at Athlone Institute of Technology.
- Be able to implement risk assessment techniques in a number of diverse areas.
- Have a detailed knowledge of and apply current approaches to managing chemical and biological hazards.
- Understand how the principles of toxicology relate to occupational exposures.
- Discuss and formulate measures to prevent pollution and reduce waste through process design.
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge that is integrated across the legal, financial and general business aspects of professional practice.
- Understand the role and importance of strategy in organisations.
- Understand the importance of compliance with legislation and the consequences of non-compliance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Occupational Toxicology,
- Risk Management and Organisational Behaviour,
- Environmental Hazards,
- Occupational Hygiene and Hazards,
- Environmental, Health and Safety Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management View 16 other Masters in Environmental Management in Ireland
- Holders of a BSc (ordinary degree, Level 7) in Environmental, Health and Safety Management at Merit Grade 1 or equivalent, and with three years’ relevant work experience.
- This work experience does not necessarily imply additional experience to that which may already have been considered for entry to the undergraduate programme.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4650 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4650 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.