The foundation of the program has four components: an education core addressing methods of object interpretation and museum teaching; a focus on museum history, current theories and practices; a professional core including two internships; and a master’s thesis or capstone project. Students also benefit from departmental courses many of which involve team projects with other Museum Studies students, as well as the opportunity to take electives in other UArts departments.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Museums: History/Theory/Practice
- Museum Audiences and Evaluation
- Educational Psychology for Lifelong Learning
- Exploring Education in Philadelphia Museums
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University of the Arts operates on a rolling admissions basis, meaning there is no specific application deadline.
DisciplinesEducation Museum Studies View 50 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Completed Online Application Form
- Application Fee of $60
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent & Resume
- Creative Portfolio
- Personal Interview
- All applicants with transcripts from outside the United States are required to submit transcripts officially translated into English.
- International applicants whose primary language is not English must submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants or those with foreign credentials must submit:
International44780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44780 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National44780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44780 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.