You’ll gain the tools for pursuing knowledge through inquiry, exploring visual arts and digital design, engaging in creative problem-solving, and empowering your community as a collaborative partner.
The Museum Education MA program from The University of the Arts builds on a foundation of proven pedagogical theory and practices. This three-semester program prepares students to teach in a museum setting through learning theories and practical techniques paired with experience designing and facilitating curriculum and programs to audiences of all ages.
Our program provides small class sizes, personalized attention from faculty and encourages you to create professional networks with established museum professionals. Our faculty are working industry experts, many of whom are involved with museum committees on the national level, who provide the foremost knowledge to help you prepare for a career in museum education.
- Museums: History/Theory/Practice
- Museum Audiences and Evaluation
- Creative and Cognitive Development
- Exploring Education in Philadelphia Museums
- Essentials of Graphic Software
- Museum Graphics Principles
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling basis admission.
DisciplinesEducation Museum Studies View 101 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- A Completed Online Application Form
- Application Fee of $60
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent & Resume
- Creative Portfolio
- Personal Interview
- All applicants with transcripts from outside the United States are required to submit transcripts officially translated into English.
- International applicants whose primary language is not English must submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants or those with foreign credentials must submit:
International46530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46530 USD per year during 18 months.
National46530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46530 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.