Open only to a limited number of students, the program provides a solid foundation in contemporary music and encourages a primary focus on your individual career goals.
The program is centered on five outcomes designed to prepare graduates for successful careers as performers, educators, directors, producers and a host of positions in the music industry.
Upon completion of the Jazz Studies program at The University of the Arts, graduates will have:
- Developed their sense of hearing so that they can recognize the content of the music that they experience.
- Gained theoretical understanding of music not limited to jazz, so that they can understand the form and structure of what they’re hearing.
- Delved deeply into the historical and sociological context of jazz to acquire a more complete understanding of their position in the world of jazz.
- Become confident and competent advocates of the idiom by strengthening verbal and written communication skills.
- Absorbed the content of the various aspects of the program so that it informs their own creative output.
- Graduate Arranging
- Advanced Transcription and Analysis
- Applied Major Instruction
- Graduate Improvisation
- MIDI and Music Technology
- Graduate Professional Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling basis admission.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- A Completed Online Application Form
- Application Fee of $60
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent & Resume
- Personal Interview
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants or those with foreign credentials must submit:
- All applicants with transcripts from outside the United States are required to submit transcripts officially translated into English.
- International applicants whose primary language is not English must submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International46530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46530 USD per year during 12 months.
National46530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46530 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.