Indian Institute of Technology Bombay was established in 1958 and the Civil Engineering Department is part of the institute since its inception. The Transportation Systems Engineering (Civil Engineering) Department at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has grown tremendously over the years and is now recognized as one of the major engineering departments in the country. The department has developed strong links with the building and construction industry and academic and research , both with in and outside the country.
Besides high quality teaching and instruction at both UG and PG levels, the Department is actively involved in basic and applied research and consultancy and provides high quality technical advisory support through various R D projects and consultancy to various organizations. The Department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with the infrastructural industry and academic and research institutions both within and outside the country.
- Applied Statistics
- Geographical Information Systems in Civil Engineering
- Analysis of Transportation Systems
- Behavioral travel modeling
- Optimization in Civil Engineering
- Pavement materials
- Advanced Highway Design and Analysis
- Traffic Management and Design
- Transportation Project Evaluation and Decision Making
- Airport planning and design
- Fundamentals of Urban Science & Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 122 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application form
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades. (Certified English translation is required, if the document is in other language).
- Statement of purpose.
- Bio-Data / Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Personal particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (Click Here )
- Copy of the passport (page showing your nationality and personal details).
- Three recommendation letters – at least one recommendation should be about the student’s academic performance issued by a faculty member.
- Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in English language.
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.