The Biosciences and Bioengineering curriculum at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has been designed to provide all students with general background in Biomedical Engineering followed by more specific knowledge in area of choice. the former is achieved through core (for everyone) and compulsory (for students with particular background) courses in the first semester. Electives taken during the second and third semester provide specialized knowledge in the area of individual interest.
In first semester, students with backgrounds in life sciences and medicine are required to compulsory courses in mathematics, electronics circuits and instrumentation. Students with backgrounds in physical sciences and engineering take courses in physiology. All students are required to undergo a course on quantative and experimental methods in physiology.In the second semester, all students have to go through a core course on Biostatistics and Design of Experiments. Students with backgrounds in physical sciences and engineering undergo a compulsory course in Clinical Physiology. The rest of the courses are electives which the students choose after consultation with the faculty advisor. In special cases electives can be taken from other departments in IIT as well. In addition all students start their M.Tech Project ( MTP ) and finish their first stage in the second semester itself.In the third and final semester, the students are not required to take any courses and devote their time to the M.Tech Project.
- Mathematics for Biologists
- Experimental techniques in Biomedical Engineering
- Advanced cellular electrophysiology
- Virtual instrumentation in Biomedical Engineering
- Movement Neuroscience
- Biopotentials I: Cellular Signals
- Medical Imaging Physics
- Elements of Circuits and Instrumentation
- Drug Delivery
- Medical Imaging Methods
- Signals and Systems for Biomedical Engineering
- Electrodiagnostics, Therapy and Electrical Safety
- Medical Sensors
- molecular cell biology
- Genetic engineering
- Molecular Immunology
- Communication Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 8 other Masters in Biomedicine in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Tech./B.E./AMIE or equivalent in Biomedical, Biotechnology, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Engineering Physics, Pharmaceutical Technology and other engineering; OR
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Maths, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Ceramics, Chemistry, Electronics, Ergonomics, Materials Science, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics, Physiology and other science; OR
- MBBS/BDS OR
- B. Pharm/M. Pharm OR
- B.V.Sc., B.P.Th. and B.O.Th. degree (Duration 4 years or more)
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.