The curriculum has been designed to provide all students with general background in Biomedical Engineering followed by more specific knowledge in area of choice. the former is achieved through core (for everyone) and compulsory (for students with particular background) courses in the first semester. Electives taken during the second and third semester provide specialized knowledge in the area of individual interest.
In first semester, students with backgrounds in life sciences and medicine are required to compulsory courses in mathematics, electronics circuits and instrumentation. Students with backgrounds in physical sciences and engineering take courses in physiology. All students are required to undergo a course on quantative and experimental methods in physiology.In the second semester, all students have to go through a core course on Biostatistics and Design of Experiments. Students with backgrounds in physical sciences and engineering undergo a compulsory course in Clinical Physiology. The rest of the courses are electives which the students choose after consultation with the faculty advisor. In special cases electives can be taken from other departments in IIT as well. In addition all students start their M.Tech Project ( MTP ) and finish their first stage in the second semester itself.In the third and final semester, the students are not required to take any courses and devote their time to the M.Tech Project.
- Mathematics for Biologists
- Experimental techniques in Biomedical Engineering
- Advanced cellular electrophysiology
- Virtual instrumentation in Biomedical Engineering
- Movement Neuroscience
- Biopotentials I: Cellular Signals
- Medical Imaging Physics
- Elements of Circuits and Instrumentation
- Drug Delivery
- Introduction to Bio-Nanotechnology
- Medical Imaging Methods
- Signals and Systems for Biomedical Engineering
- Electrodiagnostics, Therapy and Electrical Safety
- Medical Sensors
- Introduction to Biomechanics
- Introduction to molecular cell biology
- Genetic engineering
- Molecular Immunology
- Communication Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 5 other Masters in Biotechnology in India
- B.Tech./B.E./AMIE or equivalent in Biomedical, Biotechnology, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Engineering Physics, Pharmaceutical Technology and other engineering; OR
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Maths, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Ceramics, Chemistry, Electronics, Ergonomics, Materials Science, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics, Physiology and other science; OR
- MBBS/BDS OR
- B. Pharm/M. Pharm OR
- B.V.Sc., B.P.Th. and B.O.Th. degree (Duration 4 years or more)
International640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 25000 Rs. (320 EUR) NonConcessional Fees
- 5000 Rs. (64 EUR) Concessional Fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.