The demand for component design professionals is to grow many folds to man these studios.
The Mobility and Vehicle Design programme at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay envisages developing graduates with skill and knowledge, which will make them competent designers for the auto industry in India. Studies include the understanding and identification of the transportation and mobility issue facing the country along with developments in other countries and finding creative solutions. The course covers a broad spectrum from personal to mass transportation. Lectures are supported by hands on exercises and projects.
- studio photography
- Material and manufacturing
- Automobile engineering and technology
- Vehicle Ergonomics
- Forms space and order
- Indian thought and tradition
- Exposure to grid system in visual design
- CAID modeling for automotive design
- History of transportation and automobile design
- Design Workshop
- Studies in 3D Form
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design User Experience Design View 11 other Masters in Industrial Design in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Engineering/Architecture/ Interior Design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four year Bachelor’s course). Note: B.Plan. considered equivalent to B.Arch. Four year B.Sc (Engg) course after HSC considered equivalent to BE/B.Tech.
- Professional Diploma in Design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four year diploma program).
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.