Dietetics degree offered by the University of Vermont includes didactic coursework and supervised practice experience culminating in student eligibility to write the exam for registered dietitian/nutritionists. The MSD program is proud that all program graduates have passed the exam within one year of graduation.
This program is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in dietetics and have received an ACEND verification statement within the past five years.
Its mission is to prepare and educate graduate students who will successfully function as entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists with specialized knowledge of and ability to apply the principles of sustainable food systems across all community health and nutrition practice settings. Students will take graduate level courses throughout the University of Vermont as well as advanced nutrition courses offered in the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MSD Journal Club
- Dietetics Practice
- Research Methods
- Evidence -Based Research Project Design
- Graduate level statistics
- One course in ethics
- One course in health care policy/administration
- Two elective courses selected by the student to enhance their professional development in the community health and nutrition concentration (6 credits)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 113 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- Electronic Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee of $65.00
- Email addresses for three people who will provide letters of recommendation. This information is submitted within the application and letters are sent from the recommender directly to us through the application portal.
- One transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend. Unofficial transcripts uploaded by you are sufficient for the review process for most programs (Public Health applicants, please review your requirements).
- Residential Status Questionnaire (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Test scores for English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English.
International1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State683 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.