Creative Arts - Studio Arts (Theatre Arts) students at The University of the West Indies learn the dynamics of the creative process – artistic production, working with artists, schools, government agencies, cultural organizations, community groups and art institutions, such as museums and dance companies, to promote art, enhance artistic skills, raise funds, manage budgets, and develop arts and cultural programmes.
- Arts Teacher
- Art Administrator and Manager
- Art Entrepreneur
- Arts Researcher
- Work in the Cultural Industries
- Cultural Policy maker.
- Actors Workshop
- Production Design and Stagecraft
- Directing Lab
- Research Methods in the Arts
- Seminar: Aesthetics, Theory and Criticism
- Theorising Caribbean Art
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 6 other Masters in Art History in Barbados
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Previous academic records, prior work experience and evidence of maturity and motivation are among the factors to be evaluated during the admission process.
- Applicants should hold accredited undergraduate degrees or equivalent diplomas.
- Applicants seeking admission will demonstrate a high level of achievement, creative ability, professional character, leadership qualities and initiative.
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International18525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18525 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- International students Part-Time: 9525 USD
- UGC-Funded for national students: BDS$6,000.00 and BDS$3,000.00 for part time option per year
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.