Creative Arts - Studio Arts (Theatre Arts) students at The University of the West Indies learn the dynamics of the creative process – artistic production, working with artists, schools, government agencies, cultural organizations, community groups and art institutions, such as museums and dance companies, to promote art, enhance artistic skills, raise funds, manage budgets, and develop arts and cultural programmes.
Our postgraduate programme seeks to engage artists, teachers and cultural industry workers to explore the development of an arts and cultural infrastructure focusing on national and regional objectives within a Caribbean context. With the increasing importance of arts and culture in the international economy, our post-graduate programme focuses on capacity building to develop human resources in the creative arts, to integrate the arts into schools’ curricula and to produce high-quality art work that will benefit the Caribbean and support the growth of the arts and culture sector
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Actors Workshop
- Production Design and Stagecraft
- Directing Lab
- Research Methods in the Arts
- Seminar: Aesthetics, Theory and Criticism
- Theorising Caribbean Art
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 4 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Barbados
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications for special admissions must be made on the appropriate application forms. A non-refundable application fee of BDS$35 (US$20 for non-Caribbean applicants) must accompany the application for special admission.
- To be considered for entry as a “Specially Admitted Student” applicants should normally be matriculable.
- Those students who do not satisfy the requirements for entry to the University should provide satisfactory evidence of their previous studies. In appropriate cases they may be required to sit a special entrance examination. In the assessment of the qualifications of applicants due allowance should be made for their maturity.
- Specially admitted students shall be required to pay the appropriate fees as are in effect.
International12404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12404 USD per year during 12 months.
National12404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12404 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.