The Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program of University of Rochester is offered completely online with short on-site intensives designed to enhance access to students throughout NY state. This innovative model balances flexible and supportive synchronous and asynchronous online learning experiences with rich, hands-on practice opportunities guided by our expert faculty.
Graduates of our program provide access to vital mental health services across the health care continuum, including acute and community based services (i.e. inpatient and outpatient mental health services, chemical dependency, school-based programs, private practice). In addition to traditional psychiatric settings, PMHNPs are also located in primary care and acute medical settings working to expand the efforts of behavioral health integration.
- Psychopathology and Psychiatric Assessment and Diagnosis Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Health Assessment -- Lifespan
- Individual Psychotherapy Across the Lifespan
- Theoretical Frameworks for Advanced Psychiatric Nursing Practice
- Pathophysiology and Psychopharmacology of Mental Health Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Group and Family Psychotherapy Across the Lifespan
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 440 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing (cumulative GPA of 3.0 preferred)
- RN licensure within the United States or U.S. territory
- One year clinical experience is preferred
- CPR certification (professional course must be taken with the American Heart Association)
- Statistics course with a grade of C or above
- Current RN license
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, including prerequisites
- Two letters of reference
- Professional goal statement
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample (academic paper, clinical document, or publication)
- For international students, TOEFL with a minimum score of 560 (paper-based), 230 (computer-based) or 88 (iBT)
International42640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1640 USD per credit during 24 months.
National42640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1640 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.