Designed specifically for HR practitioners, aspiring HR practitioners and managers who want to improve their understanding of people management in relation to their jobs. During your studies you'll gain the strategic knowledge and skills you need to further your HR career.
When you graduate from this course, you'll be prepared to work on the long-term business of recruiting, training and managing good employees, doing your part for the long-term success of your employer – and you'll also be perfectly-placed to take your studies even further, to Masters level.
To ensure the effectiveness of this course, we maintain close links with the regional HR community, the Portsmouth Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), local businesses and employers.
We're an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), so you'll graduate from this course with an approved qualification which meets the requirements of the CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7.
You'll also be eligible for Associate membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you could meet the criteria for Chartered Membership.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Take part in skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR-based activities
- Participate in live web-based chat forums to discuss your work with lecturers and other students
- Tap in to our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
Previous graduates have gone on to work in:
- human resources
Other graduates have continued their studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing skills for business leadership
- Leading managing and developing people
- Organisational learning and development
- Resourcing and talent management
- Managing employment relations
- Researching in HR
- The HR Practitioner
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Resource Management View 771 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and seeking to pursue / continue a HR career.
- Applicants with appropriate work experience and a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or 5 qualifications will be considered.
- Applicants may be subject to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.