It is of particular interest for graduates in any of the branches of the experimental sciences and technologies (chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, quantum chemistry, biological chemistry, microbiology, etc.) and it clearly prepares them for future research.
The students will acquire the skills required for them to join universities, research institutes, industry and services with a strong sense of innovation, development and entrepreneurial vision.
Due to the international orientation of the official master's degree, the master's degree final project can also be done in several European universities under the framework of the Erasmus+ programme.
Graduates in the Nanoscience, Materials and Processes - Chemical Technology at the Frontier programme from Rovira i Virgili University are capable of working in:
- Research at universities and research institutes. The master's degree is a requirement for being admitted to a PhD programme and the key to a future career as a researcher.
- Research, development and innovation in industries based on new scientific and technical knowledge (biotechnology, microelectronics, telecommunications, energy storage, new materials, etc.) and traditional industries (chemical, pharmaceutical, biomedical, ceramics, textiles, etc.) interested in innovation.
- Management, control and strategic planning of nanotechnological techniques, products and processes in the electronics industry, biomedicine, biotechnology, pharmacology, etc.
- Product and Process Design
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Design, Planning and Management of Research
- Multidisciplinary Seminars
- Macro and Supramolecular Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Molecular Sciences Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 8 other Masters in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Degrees will be graded using the following scale:
- Graduates in the field of engineering, natural sciences and health sciences
Transcript of records of the university degree that gives access to the master
Higher competence in English than the minimum required (Level B2 or equivalent). In the unlikely event that the student cannot demonstrate this level, there will be an oral interview in which the listening level will be assessed
Other training (courses, seminars and other training activities, supported by the adequate accreditation documents) relevant to the content of the master’s degree
Extended visits to English-speaking countries (at least 12 weeks, accredited by the appropriate documents)
International2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2913 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1806 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1806 EUR per year during 12 months.
- 1806€ - for students from the UE, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra, or resident in Spain
- Rest of students: €2,913.
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.