Globalisation, climate change and demographic transition have led to changes in health needs all over the world. This course has been developed to prepare health professionals to be ready and able to respond to these changes.
Uniquely, this course focuses on both global nutrition and active living in diverse communities, from both an Australian and international perspective.
You’ll develop the specialist knowledge and skills that the global marketplace demands, for a challenging but rewarding career in public health, emergencies and development.
You can choose to specialise in one of the two streams offered:
- global public health nutrition
- public health and active living.
There is also a unit on ‘nutrition in emergencies’ offered independently, which is aligned with internationally recognised content.
Careers in public health
With significant global changes in public health, there is a need for professionals with the high-level knowledge and skills to respond to these changes.
Graduates of this master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University.course will be well-equipped for a diverse and rewarding career in areas such as:
- global health, nutrition, physical activity research and teaching
- community development work in health, nutrition and food security
- delivering health, food and nutrition programs in response to emergencies
- health policy development
- program planning, development and evaluation
- specific population focused health interventions (e.g. older adults, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, chronically diseased populations)
- inclusive physical activity programming
- physical activity and sedentary behaviour measurement.
You may find work opportunities both in Australia and internationally within:
- national, state and local governments
- the United Nations and other international health organisations (WHO, UNICEF, ACSM, International Coalition for Aging and Physical Activity)
- non-profit organisations
- academic institutions and research institutions.
- Foundations of Public Health
- Global Challenge - Non-Communicable Disease
- Nutrition for Global Health
- Public Health in Practice
- Culture and Society in Public Health
- Global Food Systems and Food Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 20 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Australia
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline
International27600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27600 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National20800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.