Most of the world’s population now lives in cities; we are witnessing an astonishing and unprecedented process of urbanization on a planetary scale.
The sheer complexity of this Design of Cities at Southern California Institute of Architecture massive movement has put into question the validity of traditional urban design concepts. It is increasingly urgent for architects to think about how cities should be designed.
Against the conventional wisdom that cities are hopelessly complex, informal networks beyond the reach of any design model, this program fundamentally believes in the power of the architectural imagination to create sustainable urban designs for the twenty-first century and beyond.The program requires attendance in the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- Basic Design in Planning
- Graphic Communication Techniques in Architecture and Planning
- Introduction to the City and City Planning
- English for Academic Purposes
- Basic Calculus
- Introduction to Information Technologies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SCI-Arc receives applications from over fifty countries each year. In order to account for the diversity of international educational systems, students applying from schools abroad are required to submit additional application materials.
- All application materials must be submitted in English. In addition to the program-specific application requirements
International46878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23439 USD per semester during 12 months.
National46878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23439 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.