The University of Pretoria has the oldest fully-fledged Faculty of Theology and Religion in South Africa, and our Faculty is rated first in Africa and 14th in the world in terms of research impact. This is proof of the high standard at which theology is practised at the University of Pretoria and the fact that academic excellence is a non-negotiable trait of the Faculty. This Pastoral Family Therapy (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Pastoral family therapy
- Mini-dissertation: pastoral family therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 37 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in South Africa
- Hebrew at 200 level if Old Testament Studies is slected as a field of study. If Hebrew 200 was not passed at a university, the student may be admitted after an assessment and with the approval of the Head of Department.
- Greek at 200 level if New Testament Studies is selected as a field of study. If Greek 200 was not passed at a university, the student may be admitted after an assessment and with the approval of the Head of Department.
- MTh in Pastoral Family Therapy: A prospective student is required to do an admissions test to determine the academic merits and therapeutic potential.
International2026 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2026 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2026 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2026 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
From R34 000 to R39 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.