Education (Practice) degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire is part time and alongside the recommended units/pathway, there are a range of optional units with broad themes allowing you to focus on one areas of study within the units in order to personalise these appropriate to your interests and needs. In this way you will be able to make a deeper, more specialist analysis in one particular core theme, or appropriate to one area of your own practice or experience.
Alongside the taught units, you will study research methods in preparation for your dissertation (or you will take the Applied research methods and project unit if you enter the programme with 60 credits at level 7).
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
This Master’s qualification will enhance your chances for promotion and for employment in other contexts. Master’s study supports promotion to senior positions in the field of education.
The course is designed to help you engage, study and critique key issues in education as well as to be able to identify and justify recommendations for further action.
As a Master’s graduate, therefore, you will have the confidence, knowledge and critical skills to prepare and present a strong application to senior posts in the field of education.
- Exploring Coaching and Mentoring
- Children's Voice: Researching and Analysing Children's Lives
- Early years Education and Care
- Educational Leadership in Context
- Enhancing practice in educational settings
- Leading Change in Education
- Meeting Diverse Needs
- Research Methods in the Workplace
- Dissertation in Education (Practice)
- Applied Research Methods and Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 752 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International5416 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16250 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National2750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- For UK/EU students the standard fee is £8250per year.
- For International students the standard fee is per 2 years.
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.