Applied Psychology (Conversion) degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire covers the five core areas required for accreditation by the British Psychological Society, including the psychology of everyday life and cognitive and biological psychology.
Your studies will also involve the development of essential research skills, which ends with a piece of independent original research conducted under supervision.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
Psychology is applicable in a range of everyday settings from shopping to work, but also in the NHS, the prison and probation service and more. Studying Applied Psychology will also develop a broad range of skills which you will find helpful in any work environment. You will:
- Be given an opportunity in the Applied Psychology unit to experience studying different subject areas within professional pathways of psychology such as clinical, counselling, education, health and forensic psychology.
- Develop skills for report writing specific to empirical research in psychology using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work individually or in groups to meet deadlines.
- Develop communication skills that enable you to summarise and present complex information, including the results of statistical analysis, to others.
- Develop skills on complex problem solving.
- Advanced Research Methods (Applied Psychology)
- Biological And Neuropsychological Perspectives Of Behaviour
- Research Methods - Quantitative And Qualitative
- Social Psychology
- Cognition And Performance
- Developmental Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £8250.
Living costs for Luton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.