The coursework modules of the Church History and Church Polity (Coursework) programme from University of Pretoria , in case of the coursework master's degree, provide the opportunity to acquire specialist skills in the practical field of the Ministry.
The Faculty of Theology and Religion is one of the leading theological institutions in South Africa and in Africa at large. It is known for its quality research, relevant teaching and learning programmes, and community engagement, especially through its Centres.
The University of Pretoria has the oldest fully-fledged Faculty of Theology and Religion in South Africa, and our Faculty is rated first in Africa and 14th in the world in terms of research impact. This is proof of the high standard at which theology is practised at the University of Pretoria and the fact that academic excellence is a non-negotiable trait of the Faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Church history
- Mini-dissertation: Church history and church polity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 39 other Masters in History in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant honours degree or relevant four-year bachelor’s degree
- A weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level
- Hebrew passed at second-year level of the bachelor’s degree (for the MTh in Old Testament Studies) or an admissions examination may be required
- Greek passed at second-year level of the bachelor’s degree – for the MTh (New Testament Studies) or an admissions examination may be required
- An average of at least 65% is required for an admissions examination – for the MTh (Pastoral Family Therapy)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4734 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4734 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National2367 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2367 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- SA and SADC countries citizens: From R39 605 to R52 115
- International: From R79,210 to R104 230
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.