All degree programmes are designed to develop problem-solving individuals who can easily adapt to changing circumstances and take the lead in their chosen fields of specialisation. The qualifications awarded are of world-class and provide access to a multitude of career opportunities for dynamic and creative people.
In the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, we strive to continuously improve our high impact research and significantly address the national shortage of PhD graduates that respond to global and local challenges. This Forest Management and the Environment (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Environmental paradigms
- Environmental law
- General introduction to forestry
- Strategic environmental management
- Environment and land reform
- International environmental management systems
- Trees in a multifunctional landscape
- Forest resource use planning and management
- Forest engineering
- Wood science and forest products
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Forestry View 6 other Masters in Forestry in South Africa
- Candidates must have either a three-year BSc and a BScHons or a four-year degree qualification in agricultural, forestry or biological sciences.
- Admission is subject to the approval of the Forestry Chair in consultation with the Director of the Centre for Environmental Studies.
- At least a final grade point average of 65% for the preceding degree.
- SAQA evaluation compulsory. (NQF level 8 required)
International2019 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2019 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National2019 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2019 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
From R34 000 to R39 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.