The Art, Place and Public Studies program from San Francisco Art Institute emphasizes critical awareness of the impact of the arts in specific contexts, along with the agency of artists and scholars to make socially conscious contributions.
- Students study relevant scholarly literature at the nexus of art history, visual cultural studies, critical theory, urban sociology, and critical geography, to foster complex and contextualized ways of thinking about how the arts are entangled with transformations of planetary space.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Site, Space, Place: Contexts for Making Art in Public
- Art, Place & Public Studies
- Critical Studies, EMS, or Art History Electives
- Global Perspectives of Modernity
- Research & Writing Curriculum
- Collaborative Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 865 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application, including $85 application fee
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
International47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47850 USD per year during 24 months.
National47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47850 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.