The MA in Exhibition and Museum Studies at San Francisco Art Institute challenges students to consider the shifting and expanding role of visual culture to society and to scrutinize how methods of display alter, inhibit, or promote the work of artists.
- Students focus their questions and research on museums, galleries, and other forums for display, including alternative sites, communities, borders, and places.
- Critical Histories of Museums and Exhibitions
- Global Perspectives of Modernity
- Art History, Critical Studies
- Graduate Lecture Series
- Art History, Critical Studies, or EMS Seminar Elective
- Research and Writing Colloquium
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Museum Studies View 108 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application, including $85 application fee
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
International47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47850 USD per year during 24 months.
National47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47850 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.